A big thank you once again to all community members who participated in the COVID-19 Screening Program in March. We completed 6,330 individual tests across five testing days. A total of 9 positive asymptomatic individuals were identified and would have otherwise gone unrecognized, which shows the importance of continued testing.
Important to continue
We have just received confirmation that the Ministry of Health are coming to KAUST next week. Therefore, KAUST, as part of the COVID-19 Testing Plan, will host another round of the COVID-19 Screening Program.
This will run from April 4 to 8.
Participation in the COVID-19 Screening Program is mandatory for all KAUST residents aged 18 and over and non-resident KAUST employees, including those living and working outside KAUST.
Younger people from age 7 to 17 are eligible for testing but this age group is not mandatory.
Anyone who has received their COVID-19 vaccination will still be required to participate in this testing program.
It is as important as ever that we continue to follow the advice and mitigation measures in place and continue regular community testing to help limit the spread of the virus.
- Eligibility: All KAUST residents aged 7 and over and non-resident KAUST employees and students
- Price: Testing is free of charge to you
- Method: Testing method will be RT-PCR on throat swab samples
- Timings: Book the day and time for testing that is convenient to you
- April 4 to 8: 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Location: Testing will be conducted onsite at KAUST, via a drive-through and pedestrian service at KAUST Inn 1
- After testing: You are welcome to carry on with your normal duties until a test result is available
- Testing positive: If the test is positive for COVID-19, you are to self-isolate and notify KAUST Health immediately for contact tracing to be initiated
- You must book a slot on the KAUST booking system.
- Please bring the QR code with you, as this will be used as proof of attendance
- Closer to your appointment date, you must register and book on the Sehhaty App. Registering and booking on Sehhaty is a prerequisite for testing. Follow the step by step guide to register and book on the App. Bring the Sehhaty QR code to your appointment.
Important: You need to bring TWO QR codes to your appointment from the:
- KAUST booking system; and
- Sehhaty MoH system
For more details about the program, how to make a booking and FAQs, please visit the COVID-19 Screening Program page on the KAUST Health website.
Important reminder regarding non-compliance
- Participation in the COVID-19 Screening Program is mandatory for all KAUST residents aged 18 and over and non-resident KAUST employees, including those living and working outside KAUST.
- Employees and students who do not participate in the testing program without valid reason, will be contacted by Human Resources or Graduate Affairs and further action may be taken in accordance with the Guidelines for Enforcement of COVID-19 Health and Safety rules
- If you live or work outside KAUST, you must test during the testing week. Failure to submit evidence of a test undertaken outside of KAUST will result in further action
- Failure to follow the correct booking requirements may also result in an incorrect record for your participation
For any questions or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We appreciate your support for this program and cooperation in Keeping KAUST Safe.