As of March 3, 2020, there are no confirmed cases at KAUST.
Key messages contained in this update:
- COVID-19 confirmed in Saudi
- Updated Travel Restriction: Spain
- Your questions answered
- Protecting yourself and your family
COVID-19 Confirmed in Saudi Arabia
Last night, we confirmed
that the first case of COVID-19 has reached Saudi Arabia. We recognize that this news will cause uncertainty in the community and we are committed to keeping you and your families informed and supported during this time.
We are aware of social media stories and information being circulated. Currently, it has only been confirmed that there has been one case who is currently being treated for COVID-19 in a medical facility, we have no confirmation of where that person was or where they had been at this time.
Our priority is to keep you safe and well.
Updated Travel Restriction: Spain
Today, Spain has been added to the list of KAUST-designated high-risk regions.
- Please do not plan travel to or from Spain.
- If you are in Spain at the moment, please remain where you are and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance and support.
- For a complete list of regions and further explanation about what this means for your specific situation, visit kh.kaust.edu.sa/coronavirus.
To mitigate risk, all non-essential international travel and visitors should be postponed. Learn more about current travel restrictions in Update 9
Your questions answered
The Coronavirus Taskforce held a Townhall Meeting on Thursday, February 27 to discuss topics related to the KAUST approach to preventing COVID-19. The goal of this event was to provide you with information, updates, and support as well as to answer any questions you may have.
We thank everyone for their attendance and participation. The Townhall was well attended both in-person as well as with more than 200 people joining via video link. Many questions were asked, both prior to the event and via the interactive application during the discussion.
Further updates to the Q&A will be provided in due course.
Protecting yourself and your family
Everyone has a part to play with preventing coronavirus from affecting the University and the community members that support it.
The KAUST Coronavirus Taskforce
continues to meet regularly to adapt to the evolving COVID-19 situation. We are committed to responding in a proportionate and appropriate manner to support and safeguard the community. Our priority is to keep you safe and well.
- Instructions for people who are planning travel or are currently in high-risk regions
- Information about conferences and events
- Prevention resources and advice
- And more…
Thank you for participating in keeping our community safe and well.