There are no confirmed COVID-19 cases on campus, and we are working hard for that to continue to be the case.
The following are items that we wish to update you on today.
Social distancing: it’s important!
Everyone has a part to play to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community. All community members must strictly follow the guidelines below. In the event that these guidelines are not upheld, access to public areas may become restricted.
- Do not go off campus except in critical circumstances. Learn more.
- We recommend that you mix only with people in your family or people with whom you normally share living space.
- Keep a distance of 2 meters wherever you go. Guiding footprint stickers for social distancing have been installed at Tamimi and other public areas.
- All indoor and outdoor activities should be limited to under 10 people.
- Do not hold social gatherings.
Things that are safe to do:
It is your responsibility to ensure that every person residing in your home—including domestic helpers, drivers or personal visitors who are staying with you—understands and adheres to the above social distancing guidelines.
Facilities, services and programs
Some community facilities, services and programs are operating with adjustments due to the COVID-19 response measures.
Discovery Square Pharmacy
Dr. Saud Pharmacy, which is located in Discovery Square, is open as normal from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily. The pharmacy sells medicine, cosmetics, baby care items and more.
Additional service updates today:
- Shuttle bus service: All shuttle buses have been stopped until further notice.
- On-demand bus service: Available 24/7 from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Harbor Library: closed
- Lion’s Share restaurant: closed
The KAUST Coronavirus Taskforce is your dedicated source for information about COVID-19 related to the University and community. Be cautious about information you read on social media and through other sources.
Thank you for your continued support and help in making the KAUST community as safe as possible. Our priority is to keep you safe and well.