One new case of COVID-19 has been identified at KAUST since yesterday, bringing the total number of cases of COVID-19 identified at KAUST to 12. The person self-reported symptoms and was immediately quarantined and tested. The person’s small contact tracing group was immediately quarantined and tested. Also, eight of our total of 12 cases have been discharged following completion of the MOH testing requirements. We keep in touch with all of our cases and monitor their progress when they are off campus, and we wish them well.
Facial masks—best practices
Wearing a face mask is now strongly recommended when you are inside or queuing outside Tamimi, visiting KAUST Health and when collecting food from restaurants and takeaways.
Last week, President Chan explained in a video to the community why facial masks are important to wear, and the KAUST Fire Department and Volunteer Fire Fighters distributed face masks to every household on campus to support and encourage their use.
It is also important to refrain from touching the mask or your eyes while using it. If you do touch your mask or eyes by accident, wash your hands with water and soap or rub your hands with sanitizer.
Read the FAQs
about face masks here
Read more about the Saudi MOH guidance about practicing good hygiene here
If you would like to make your own face mask
or would like to be part of a group making face masks for the community, please visit the Community Life website
- Stay informed about COVID-19 and the University’s directives here.
- Contact our dedicated helpline or call 012 808 0950 from Sunday to Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Find things to do during the current situation on the Virtual Community Hub.
- Review the complete list of community facilities, services and programs operating hours.
- Need to talk? Call the Emotional Support Helpline at +966 54 470 0804 or visit the COVID-19 wellness information page to review a complete list of options.
Once again, we’d like to thank you for your cooperation and ongoing adherence to directives. These have been designed to keep you safe and to help manage the crisis.