The total number of cases of COVID-19 identified at KAUST remains at 14. All of the positive cases have been discharged upon completion of the MOH testing requirements. The last positive case was confirmed 12 days ago.
No gatherings allowed
Social gatherings in public spaces or in accommodations are strictly forbidden and penalties apply.
We know that it can be hard at times, but these measures are necessary to control the spread of COVID-19 at this time.
Public spaces include King Abdullah Monument Park, North Beach, Thuwal Park, Discovery Square, Harbor Walk and other open areas. If your route takes you through or past these areas, this is fine, but do not make a stop there.
You may go and collect a takeaway order from restaurants in Discovery square, or pick up a coffee at Starbucks, but you are required to head straight home afterwards. No loitering will be tolerated and penalties will apply.
- Any groups of 2+ must be from the same family and household or the people with whom you share a house/apartment
- Keep a distance of at least 2 meters from other people wherever you go
- No gatherings allowed in public spaces or in accommodations
- Do not stop at beaches, monuments, playgrounds, etc., for picnics or play
- Do not enter any house or apartment that is not your KAUST designated accommodation
- Activities in which there is a risk of contact through objects passed between individuals (for example, tennis, badminton, soccer, frisbee, etc.) are not permitted