We wish to inform the community that one new confirmed case of COVID-19 has been identified on the KAUST campus. This brings the total number of positive cases identified on campus to 11. The case has been confirmed positive by the Ministry of Health (MoH) and has been transferred to a nominated facility in Jeddah. The latest confirmed individual was a contact from a previous confirmed case identified as part of our contact tracing and was in quarantine. We are keeping in touch with all of our cases and monitoring their progress. We wish each of these community members well.
Tamimi extended hours
We are happy to announce that both Tamimi stores will operate an evening shift from 9:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. starting on Tuesday, April 14, in addition to the current opening hours, which are from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The directives to access the stores are unchanged:
- Only one person per household can go inside
- No children allowed
- A managed number of people are allowed into the store at the same time. It is your responsibility to practice social distancing measures inside and outside the store
- As far as possible, only handle items that you are purchasing. Carefully look before you choose and pick items from the shelves or the counter display
- NEW: We strongly encourage community members to wear a face covering or mask while queuing and shopping
- Stay informed about COVID-19 and the University’s directives here.
- Contact our dedicated helpline or call 012 808 0950 from Sunday to Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Find things to do during the current situation on the Virtual Community Hub.
- Review the complete list of community facilities, services and programs operating hours.
- Need to talk? Call the Emotional Support Helpline at +966 54 470 0804 or visit the COVID-19 wellness information page to review a complete list of options.
Once again, we’d like to thank you for your cooperation and ongoing adherence to directives. These have been designed to keep you safe and to help manage the crisis.