The current number of positive cases identified on campus remains at 10. We are keeping in touch with and monitoring the progress of the three positive KAUST cases recently transferred to nominated facilities in Jeddah.
Quarantine period extended
As a result of the evolving situation, we have, as of midnight last night, moved to extend the quarantine period from a minimum of 14 days to a minimum of 21 days. As before, the KAUST Health clinical team will contact those in quarantine just before they are due to leave to make an assessment and advise accordingly.
This extension of quarantine will help us to limit any spread of COVID-19, continuing to minimize the risk to our community and to help us provide you with the best possible care in these difficult circumstances. Read more
Volunteer sign up
For anyone wishing to volunteer, you can still sign up quickly and easily here
. Volunteers are supporting with essential tasks, such as:
- Supporting the operations hub and EOC activities
- Providing support at Tamimi stores
All volunteers will undertake training that is appropriate to the roles assigned. If you are well and able to do so safely, please sign up
. A member of the Operations Hub will then be in touch.
Wearing a face mask is now strongly recommended when you visit Tamimi and KAUST Health and when collecting food from restaurants and takeaways.
See President Chan’s video here
If you would like to make your own face mask
or would like to be part of a group making face masks for the community, please visit the Community Life website
- Stay informed about COVID-19 and the University’s directives here.
- Contact our dedicated helpline or call 012 808 0950 from Sunday to Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Find things to do during the current situation on the Virtual Community Hub.
- Review the complete list of community facilities, services and programs operating hours.
- Need to talk? Call the Emotional Support Helpline at +966 54 470 0804 or visit the COVID-19 wellness information page to review a complete list of options.
Once again, we’d like to thank you for your cooperation and ongoing adherence to directives. These have been designed to keep you safe and to help manage the crisis.