In the unfortunate and hopefully unlikely event that you need urgent medical attention, KAUST Health is equipped to take care of you.
Consultation and Scope:
- The emergency physician is responsible for the medical care provided in the ED. This includes medical evaluation, diagnosis, recommended treatment and disposition of the emergency patient, as well as the direction and coordination of all other care provided to the patient.
- The responsibility of Medical Care for a particular patient in the ED may be transferred to another physician by referral/transfer to another Healthcare Facility.
- 24/7 service for any Medical/ Surgical Emergency or Trauma case.
- Serves any age group from Pediatrics to Geriatrics.
- Provides emergency medication to the patients after working hours of the pharmacy.
- Provides crutches and wheel chairs to patients who need them due to their injury and illness.
- Minor surgical procedures: removal of superﬁcial foreign bodies, superﬁcial wound suturing.
- Burn dressing, wound debridement/washout incision and drainage of superficial abscess.
- Emergency surgical interventions: chest drain insertion, needle thoracotomy.
- Ambulance services with 3 ambulances for 911 dispatch for any emergencies at KAUST.
- Patient transportation from KAUST Health to referral hospitals.
- Liaison between Family Medicine, Mother & Child Center and Specialist Clinics and referral hospitals for patient transfers form these departments
- Department does not provide routine surgical care or dressing clinic services.
- Emergency service is not intended to support non-urgent issues like routine medication requests or routine laboratory/ blood check as Family Medicine service is more appropriate to deal with said issues.