Welcome to KAUST! We’re happy to have you here. We’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you to KAUST Health.
Driven by our desire to support overall community well-being, KAUST Health offers a broad range of services that focus on a holistic approach to prevention, treatment, and follow-up for our patients. We pair highly-qualified and caring medical professionals with cutting-edge medical technology to keep you well.
KAUST Health has been accredited by the Joint Commission International, which is considered the gold standard in global health care excellence.
The KAUST Health clinic provides routine healthcare needs, including Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Dentistry, OB/GYN, Physio, and Pharmacy. Your Family Medicine Consultant is your central care provider, coordinating care for both wellness and illness.
KAUST Health also host visiting specialists regularly throughout the month. Before going to a specialist, we encourage you to speak with your Family Medicine Consultant – in many cases they can provide the care you need without specialist support.
In the unfortunate and hopefully unlikely event that you need urgent medical attention, KAUST Health is equipped to take care of you. KAUST Health emergency services are available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. This includes a fully equipped Emergency Room, diagnostic imaging and laboratory services, and an emergency ambulance service. All patients are triaged immediately upon entry to the ER and priority is given to the most critical situations.
Our emergency ambulance service includes three fully-equipped ambulances for both on-campus emergencies and emergency transfers to Jeddah hospitals. The vast majority of emergency patients do not need to leave KAUST to get the medical care they need.
KAUST Health Charges
- Bupa Insurance – If you are covered by the KAUST insurance plan, this will cover most services. Please bring your insurance card with you when you visit the clinic. A Bupa health insurance office is located at KAUST Health to support your insurance and claim needs.
- Administration fee – KAUST Health charges a 26 SR administration fee for each new visit to KAUST Health. For follow-up appointments that happen with the same doctor within 7 days, the administration fee is waived. This fee is charged directly through KAUST payroll for KAUST employees and their immediate dependents.
- No show/late attendance fee – If you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment, please cancel as soon as possible. This allows other patients the opportunity to use the appointment slot. A deduction of 100 SR will be charged directly through KAUST payroll if you have missed your appointment time or if you arrive late.
- Visitors can be seen and treated at KAUST Health using their health insurance if it is recognized by Fakeeh.care. If the visitor does not have insurance or his/her insurance provider is not recognized by DSFH, services will be provided on cash basis.
On your first visit
On your first visit, we ask that you come about 15 minutes ahead of your appointment time to open a medical record file with us. To open a file, please bring your:
- KAUST ID
- Passport, iqama, or Saudi National ID
- Insurance card (If you are employed by KAUST, but do not have an insurance card yet, we may still be able to help.)
We also recommend that you bring the following with you to your first Family Medicine appointment at KAUST Health:
- Medical reports from your previous medical provider
- List of medications you’re currently taking
If you have any questions about the clinic, please ask any of our helpful receptionists or stop by the Patient Relations office and they will be happy to orient you.
Making an appointment
You can book or cancel an appointment online, by phone, or in-person.
- Patient Portal – The Patient Portal provides online access to your KAUST Health medical information. Use the Patient Portal to book, view, or cancel appointments, and to access your laboratory results online.
- By phone: call 940 from a landline or 012 808 0940 from a mobile phone
- In-person with any receptionist in the clinic
Going to Jeddah for treatment
KAUST Health provides a wide variety of services locally to meet the varied health and wellness needs of the community. However, from time-to-time it may be necessary or preferable for community members to go elsewhere for treatment. We have a Referral Support service
to assist in booking appointments and a Patient Liaison service
to provide extra assistance at Dr. Soliman Fakeeh Hospital in Jeddah. You are also welcome to use any other hospital covered in your insurance plan.
Ambulances are available for medical emergencies. For other medical needs in Jeddah, we recommend taking the medical bus
, a personal taxi
, or your own personal transport (links listed here are only accessible on the KAUST Network).
We also provide
- We support the KAUST School by staffing the Health Offices in each school building, including in-school assessments by a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Host regular health promotion programs, wellness activities and events to support overall community well-being. See what’s coming up.
Patient Relations representatives are available at KAUST Health to address your questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you.