The total number of cases of COVID-19 identified at KAUST remains at 15. All of the positive cases have been discharged upon completion of the MOH testing requirements. We are keeping in touch with all of our cases and monitoring their progress. We wish each of these community members well.
No gatherings allowed
You are reminded that existing policy at KAUST stipulates that social gatherings in public spaces or in accommodations are strictly forbiddenand penalties apply.
You may go and pick up a coffee from Starbucks or collect a takeaway order from restaurants in Discovery square, but you are required to head straight home afterwards. No loitering will be tolerated and penalties will apply.
Public spaces include Starbucks, Discovery Square, Harbor Walk, King Abdullah Monument Park, North Beach, Thuwal Park, and other open areas. If your route takes you through or past these areas, this is fine, but do not make a stop there.
We know that it can be hard at times, but these measures are necessary to control the spread of COVID-19 at this time.
- Any groups of 2+ must be from the same family and household or the people with whom you share a house/apartment
- Keep a distance of at least 2 meters from other people wherever you go
- No gatherings allowed in public spaces or in accommodations
- Do not stop at beaches, monuments, playgrounds, etc., for picnics or play
- Do not enter any house or apartment that is not your KAUST designated accommodation
- Activities in which there is a risk of contact through objects passed between individuals (for example, tennis, badminton, soccer, frisbee, etc.) are not permitted
Thank you for your cooperation.