Dear KAUST Community,
Both the CMT and the EOC established for the current crisis have been very active in the last 24 hours.
The current number of confirmed cases on campus remains at 7.
Below are the developments we wish to update you on today.
Call for Volunteers
We have received numerous enquiries from individuals offering their time to support the University’s efforts to keep our community safe and well. We’re pleased to announce that we are now launching our network of volunteers through the COVID-19 Operations Hub.
You can sign up quickly and easily here. Volunteers may be called on to help with essential tasks such as:
- Supporting the operations hub and EOC activities
- Providing support at Tamimi stores
All volunteers will undertake training that is appropriate to the roles assigned. If you are well and able to do so safely, please sign up and a member of the Operations Hub will be in touch.
SMS Notifications from KAUST ALERT
In addition to the daily COVID-19 communication emails, the CMT and EOC find it necessary at times to issue KAUST ALERTS, direct to mobiles phones using our own SMS tool, to communicate urgent and timely messaging to our wider community.
If you have not been receiving the Emergency SMS notifications from KAUST ALERT, please use the following link to provide us with your contact details. Our Business Continuity team will then add you to the database for all future KAUST alerts.
Please note: by completing the online form you are consenting to receiving Emergency ‘KAUST ALERT’ notifications. Your details will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be utilized or shared for any other purposes.
Virtual health and wellness webinar
A reminder that you can join the health and wellness webinars.
The webinars will cover:
- COVID-19 and the latest information on the pandemic
- Pandemic lifestyle preparedness
- Life under quarantine – what to expect
- Pandemics and wellness – holistic health optimization
- Stress management and coping with our new circumstances
- A question and answer session
To register for future webinars click here. A zoom link will be sent to you.
The contact tracing page has been updated to reflect recent questions about how it is implemented and why. Read more on the KAUST Health website.
A surface cleaning page has been created with information related to the effective cleaning of surfaces and how Coronavirus lives on surfaces. Read more on the KAUST Health website.
Community should note:
- All SAMBA wire transfer transactions can be done online
- Bank account updates have already been extended to 30 days from the expiration date, so no need to enter the branch to do this
- The SAMBA branch is now closed until further notice. We have the ability to arrange for SAMBA or SABB to be opened if needed for transactions that cannot be completed online. If you have a banking transaction that cannot be completed online please advise us on CoronavirusTaskforce@kaust.edu.sa and we will build up a list and arrange some banking hours in the coming period
Once again we'd like to thank you for your cooperation and ongoing adherence to directives, they have been designed to keep you safe and to help manage this crisis.
Vice President, KAUST Community Life