Government Affairs and KAUST Health, in association with the Ministry of Health, will be hosting a COVID-19 Vaccination Program at KAUST Health over two, two-week periods from March 10 to 24 for the first dose and from June 2 to 16 for the second dose.
This is a wonderful opportunity for us to vaccinate the entire eligible population at KAUST and we strongly encourage everyone in the community, who is eligible and aged 18 and over, to book an appointment to get their free COVID-19 vaccine.
While the vaccine is not mandatory, it is highly recommended—and considered to be the most effective, safe and proven way to build protection against COVID-19, individually and for our community.
Important to know:
- 1st dose - March 10 to 24
- 2nd dose – June 2 to 16
- Weekdays: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Weekends: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Location: KAUST Health – main clinic entrance
- Booking: You must book a slot on the KAUST booking system (Details to follow)
- Eligibility: The vaccine is available to all Saudi Nationals and permanent KSA residents aged 18 and over living in KAUST. Those KAUST employees who live outside of KAUST are also eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Exclusions: for a list of exclusions, please visit the COVID-19 Vaccination Program at KAUST page
- Everyone eligible is strongly encouraged to get the vaccine, however, participation is not mandatory
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in-Kingdom more than 6 months ago, you will only be required to take one dose as per MoH guidelines and during the March vaccination program
If you have already received a first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine via one of the MOH vaccination centers, you will be required to complete your vaccinations according to the original date and location you were provided for you second dose. You cannot, at this stage, move your second dose to KAUST.
- A separate booking program will be arranged for frontline service providers and more information will be provided by KAUST proponents in the coming days.
How to book your vaccination
- The KAUST booking system for making an appointment will be available next week. Further details will follow about how to schedule your appointment.
- A booking is mandatory – no walk-ins will be accepted.
- You will be required to select a convenient date and time between March 10 – 24. You will then receive a confirmation of this appointment.
- A further communication will be sent to the community with information and instructions regarding the booking process for the second dose appointments – currently scheduled between June 2 – 16.
Once booked – please ensure you attend!
The vaccines are a precious commodity and we are very grateful to have been provided with enough doses for our community. We cannot afford to waste any vaccines, so please make sure you attend if you book an appointment slot.
Receiving your vaccine is a simple process:
- Book your appointment
- Come to the KAUST Health clinic at your appointment time
- IMPORTANT: Please bring your Iqama / Saudi National ID for registration
- Receive your vaccine
- If you are driving, please wait 15 mins before leaving KAUST Health
- Resume daily activities
COVID-19 precautions – all measures will be taken to ensure COVID-19 mitigation measures are in place in accordance with the Keeping KAUST Safe guidelines.
Want to know more?
Join the live KAUST Health Q&A on Monday, March 8 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The medical team will be there to answer any medical questions or concerns that you may have in regards to taking the vaccine. Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. Sunday, March 7.
For more details about the program and FAQs, please visit the COVID-19 Vaccination Program at KAUST page
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact Patient-Relations@KAUST.edu.sa
We appreciate your support for this program and cooperation in Keeping KAUST Safe.