A big thank you once again to all community members who participated in the COVID-19 Screening Program in November. We completed 5,059 individual tests across five testing days. A total of 13 positive asymptomatic individuals were identified and would have otherwise gone unrecognized, which shows the importance of continued testing. The results are testament to the approach taken throughout the pandemic and the way in which the KAUST community has followed and adhered to the Keeping KAUST Safe guidelines.
Second round of testing
The hard work does not stop now!
Whilst the COVID-19 vaccination development is gathering momentum and plans are underway, it is as important as ever that we continue to follow the advice and mitigation measures in place and continue regular community testing to help limit the spread of the virus. As part of the COVID-19 Testing Plan, KAUST, in collaboration with Government Affairs and the Ministry of Health, is hosting a second round of the COVID-19 Screening Program, running from January 17-21.
Participation in the COVID-19 Screening Program is mandatory for all KAUST employees and students including those living and working outside KAUST. We strongly urge other community members to also take part.
- Eligibility: All KAUST residents aged 9 and over (including domestic helpers) and non-resident KAUST employees and students
- Price: Testing is free of charge to you
- Method: Testing method will be RT-PCR on throat swab samples
- Timings: Book the day and time for testing that is convenient to you
- January 17 to 21: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- January 18: 1 p.m. – 12 a.m. This is for those individuals who may be working a late night shift system and would otherwise not be able to attend
- 1. You must book a slot on the KAUST booking system
- 2. You must register and book on the Sehhaty app. Registering and booking on Sehhaty is a prerequisite for testing. Follow the step by step guide to register and book on the App
- Location: Testing will be conducted onsite at KAUST, via a drive-through and pedestrian service at KAUST Inn 1
- After testing: You are welcome to carry on with your normal duties until a test result is available
- Testing positive: If the test is positive for COVID-19, you are to self-isolate and notify KAUST Health immediately for contact tracing to be initiated
* If taking the test in Jeddah is more convenient for you, you may do so. However, the test must be taken during the testing week, January 17-21 and evidence of the test must be presented to KAUST by emailing an image of the test result to email@example.com by Monday, January 25, 2021.
The deadline for booking your appointment is 5:00 p.m. on January 16th but do not wait to book as slots will fill fast.
Important reminder regarding non-compliance:
- Participation in the COVID-19 Screening Program is mandatory for all KAUST employees and students including those living and working in Kingdom outside KAUST
- Employees and students who do not participate in the testing program without valid reason, will be contacted by Human Resources or Graduate Affairs and further action may be taken in accordance with the Guidelines for Enforcement of COVID-19 Health and Safety rules
- If you live or work outside KAUST you must test during the testing week. Failure to submit evidence of a test undertaken outside of KAUST will result in further action
Keeping KAUST safe continues to be our number one priority and the second round of the COVID-19 Screening Program is another step towards our common goal of returning to a "new normal." For more details about the program, how to make a booking and FAQs, please visit the COVID-19 Screening Program page on the KAUST Health website.
For any questions or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your support for this program and cooperation in Keeping KAUST Safe.
Director, KAUST Health