Over the past few months, KAUST Health has successfully implemented and conducted a COVID-19 random testing program alongside testing for symptomatic individuals and those identified from contact tracing.
KAUST has now increased testing capacity to enable testing of a much larger number of community members, to help limit the spread of the virus and understand the current prevalence in our community. In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, KAUST is hosting a COVID-19 Screening Program, running from November 1-5.
Participation in the COVID-19 Screening Program is mandatory for all KAUST employees and students and we strongly urge other community members to take part.
- Eligibility: All KAUST residents aged 16 and over (including
domestic helpers) and non-resident KAUST employees
- Price: Testing is free of charge to you
- Method: Testing method will be RT-PCR on throat swab samples
- Timings: Book the day and time for testing that is convenient to you – testing will be available between 1:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. for each of the five days of testing
- Location: Testing will be conducted onsite at KAUST, via a drive-through service at KAUST Inn 1
- After testing: You are welcome to carry on with your normal duties until a test result is available
- Testing positive: If the test is positive for COVID-19, you are to self-isolate and notify KAUST Health immediately for contact tracing to be initiated
The deadline for booking your appointment is 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 20.
We understand that some people may feel concerned about taking a COVID-19 screening test. However, we want to reassure you that the throat swab is quick and more comfortable than other techniques and will be carried out by trained medical personnel from the Ministry of Health, who are adhering to all safety guidelines and have your comfort in mind.
Keeping KAUST safe continues to be our number one priority and this screening program is another step towards our common goal of returning to a "new normal." For more details about the program, how to make a booking and FAQs, please visit the COVID-19 Screening Program page on the KAUST Health website.
We appreciate your support for this program and cooperation in Keeping KAUST Safe.
Director, KAUST Health