With vacation season fast approaching, it is important to note that some airlines and/or destinations require travelers to take a COVID-19 PCR test and produce a negative PCR Certificate before flying. KAUST Health is happy to arrange and provide COVID-19 PCR tests and PCR Certificates for community members who plan to travel.
Important to know:
- As soon as your travel arrangements are confirmed and you know the timing restrictions on the PCR tests for your airline or destination, you can request and arrange a PCR test by emailing the Patient Relations Team.
- The cost for the test is now 690 SAR (inclusive of VAT), which needs to be paid in cash or by debit/credit card at the time of the test.
- If you are traveling for business and a PCR test is required, you will need to pay for the test upfront and claim through the normal expenses policy.
- The test results are normally available within 24 hours. Please be aware this maybe slightly longer if the test is taken on a Friday.
- You will receive an email once your PCR Certificate is ready, and you will be able to collect your Certificate from Patient Relations in KAUST Health during office hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday to Thursday) and from ER during out of office hours.
Please note that there are other PCR testing options available in Jeddah:
- Al Borg Medical Laboratories
- House of Medicine Laboratory for medical analysis
- Dr Soliman Fakeeh Hospital
- Ghassan Naguib Pharaon Hospital
If you need any assistance or have any questions, please contact your Patient Relations Team.
We wish you safe travels.
Director, KAUST Health