KAUST Health and Community Life are providing a fun and interactive, 9-session program targeting youth between 11-14 years-old. The program will teach skills for long-term resilience and aims to foster improvements in group members’ ability to cope with challenging situations.
About the Youth Wellness Program
By the end of this 2-month program, youth should be able to:
- Better cope with social challenges at school
- Manage difficult emotions
- Improve communication skills
- Understand bullying and learn anti-bullying strategies
- Cope with whatever issues the particular group of children raise
- Increase resilience, self-confidence, and assertiveness
- Access and make use of supportive resources (friends, relatives, teachers, school counselors, and support groups)
How it works
The program will be limited to three groups of around 12 participants each, but we aim to run the program in batches on a regular basis thereafter. The participants will be selected based on first come-first serve and each family can apply for one child only.
Timing and venue
All Youth Wellness Program sessions will occur between October 1 and December 5, 2018. The sessions will be in Harbor Sports Club meeting room.
Parents are required to attend two of the sessions. These will be held during the third and fourth week of November, during the regular session time. The third week of November session will be dedicated for parents only and the fourth week of November session will be for parents and children together.
- Group A meets Mondays from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Group B meets Tuesdays from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Group C meets Wednesdays from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Please note that there are no sessions during the first week of November due to the University break. We request that your child commit to missing no sessions during the 2-month program to ensure that your child gets as much out of the program as possible.
As a service to the community, the majority of the program costs are subsidized by KAUST Health. Participants will be charged the heavily discounted price of 700 SAR per participant for the 9-week program.
Apply to the Youth Wellness Program
This program is open to KAUST residents between 11- 14 years of age. All respondents will be contacted on September 27 to confirm if your program application has been accepted.
>> Application Form Update Sept 20, 2018: Thanks to everyone who applied to participate in the Youth Wellness Program. Registration is now full. We plan to run the program again, so those who did not get an opportunity to participate this time can apply during the next Community Wellness Program.